1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, super soft
1 ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups flour
2 tablespoons nonfat milk powder
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 11-ounce bag butterscotch chips
Recipe Steps (listed and numbered)
1. Prep! Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray your baking sheets.
2. Mix the wet! In a large bowl, and using a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula, mix together the butter and sugar, flexing your muscles for about 2 minutes, until they are fully combined. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined and fluffy, about 1 minute.
3. Mix & combine! In a medium bowl mix the flour, milk powder, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and add to the sugar mixture, mixing until just combined.
(If your dough is exceptionally wet - if it looks really shiny or oily - your butter was likely too hot. Throw it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up before continuing on.)
4. Butterscotch time! Fold in the butterscotch chips.
5. Scoop and bake! Scoop your dough into 2 tablespoons sized balls and place 2 to 3 inches apart onto your sprayed sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F, until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. With oven mitts, remove the baking sheets from the oven and cool the cookies completely on the baking sheets. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.